A Southern Welcome Party

I know I told you all about my trip to the US in March, to speak at Illuminate; The Workshop and to visit with my amazing friend Meghan Ely of OFD Consulting. Well I don't think I told you all, that while there, Meghan threw me this amazing little welcome party to meet some of her {wonderful & super friendly} Brides industry friends. Meghan and her team went to such trouble to put together this 'Southern Do' and it looked so amazing that I begged her to be able to share with you all on Brides High. 


Because no-one could tell it better... in Meghan's own words... 

I'm always looking for a great reason to host a party so when Bláithín kindly agreed to serve as the
keynote speaker for Illuminate, I was positively thrilled to have an "excuse" to throw a big bash.



My hope was to showcase a Southern theme, so Bláithín could really get a feel for the local culture.
Selecting the menu was the first order of business- and Q Barbeque was an easy choice. It's both
delicious as well as famous around these parts, as the owner is frequently featured on the show BBQ
Pitmasters. I then handed off the remaining party details to my far more stylish OFD partner in crime
Ariana. She quickly decided on navy and yellows and got to work. Any DIY elements you ran across were completely due to her- from the doily garland and dessert table (featuring a vintage door she had turned into a table!) to the re-purposed window she salvaged from a local thrift store and turned into a menu. Admittedly, my only contributions to the overall "look" was the DIY yarn wreath that greeted guests, as well as matching the flowers up with my collection of milk glass vases.

I'd like to think the party was a big hit- everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and it gave Bláithín the
opportunity to really enjoy some of the best things that Virginia has to offer. In what turned out to be
a rather wonderful surprises, we also found out that our party received a brief mention on a national
network, as it was featured briefly just a few days later on CBS News This Morning. Ariana coordinated with their producers and the focus was on how we used Pinterest in part to plan the party.




{ I tried desperately to run away with this adorable suitcase ;) ~ Blá }


{ How amazing does the evenings menu look on this old window ???!!! ~ Blá }


{ This party held many firsts for me; I had never had Southern BBQ before or Mac 'n' Cheese ~ Blá }


I'm sure you all agree, this was one fantastic looking party... and the food, oh guys the food was A-MAZ-ING! I can not thank Meghan, Ariana & Heather enough for such an amazing welcome and of course I have to mention Travis, the talented photographer of the above images and Meghan's gorgeous husband.

Vendors:

Catering: Q Barbeque
Linens: Classic Party Rentals
Flowers: Coleman Brothers
Straws: Shop Sweet LuLu
Pies: Westhampton Bakery
DIY Projects: OFD Consulting

Photography by Travis Ely
You have read this articleBrides Decor / Brides Details / Centrepiece Ideas / Colour Ideas / DIY ideas / Food and Drink / Style Ideas / Top Tips with the title A Southern Welcome Party. You can bookmark this page URL http://thesearchingbride.blogspot.com/2012/05/a-southern-welcome-party.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Thursday, May 17, 2012

Comments "A Southern Welcome Party"

Post a Comment