Rebellious Bride in RED

Photography by Ryan Ortega
When I saw this blog entry from Photographer Ryan Ortega, I was instantly attracted to the fact that the bride wore a red bridal gown and I knew we had to have it on the blog. Then that's the only time I began to read Ryan's blog about the wedding, and realized it was a 'civil glam wedding'.

Ryan writes:
Civil yet glamorous – - – that’s how I describe Lanier+Sam’s wedding. Usually, Civil weddings in the Philippines are literally civil. Even the solemnizing officer, Mayor Inday Sarah Duterte was amazed that the couple and guests were at their best. Enjoy!


What amazes me is the fact that people expect civil weddings to be simple--and that it's not really official 'till you do it in the Church. But I applaud Lanier and Sam. Civil weddings are SPECIAL. We've had 3 weddings so far, but the wedding we poured our heart, soul, investment, time, and effort on was the civil wedding. And even if people have misjudged me, saying getting married in the eyes of God was not my priority, I know in my heart that getting married civilly or in whatever form or manner will never be a problem with God. What's important is you are genuinely in love with each other, and that you have an authentic relationship with Him.

Hooray to anti-white gowns and civil weddings!!! Congratulations to Lanier & Sam!



To view the complete set, click HERE

XOXO,
Kai
Follow us on Twitter! @RebelliousBride
You have read this articlecivil weddings / rebellious bride / rebellious brides / red bridal gown / ryan ortega / www.rebelliousbrides.com with the title Rebellious Bride in RED. You can bookmark this page URL http://thesearchingbride.blogspot.com/2012/07/rebellious-bride-in-red.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Monday, July 9, 2012

Comments "Rebellious Bride in RED"

Post a Comment