I hate to break a promise, but today I had to.


A few weeks ago the Daintree Brides Hub asked me to be a Judge in an upcoming competition they were running; Camogie Bride 2013. It's always sooo very lovely to be involved in things like this and whenever possible I do try to say yes.... and so I did!

Unfortunately though, due to recent media coverage of Daintree's owner's beliefs and their effect on the way he chooses to do business, I had to pull out. You see I have been absolutely blessed and honoured to be the older sister of Oisín O' Reilly the most wonderful person, my best friend and a gay man. As a big sister, I am fiercely protective of my brother and if you hurt him, you hurt me, couple that with the fact that one day, I do hope he will say 'I do!' { hint, hint Ois ;} You can see why I made the choice I did.

{ Source

I can't in all consciousness openly associate myself, or my company, with another who actively seeks not to facilitate the joining of two wonderful people, no matter their orientation. And so today, I had to break a promise.

Now I do want to say a little more... Daintree's owner, is of course entitled to his beliefs and to sell what he wishes to sell, as am I entitled to associate myself with whom I deem most appropriate. I understand how Daintree's Owners beliefs will offend and sadden many. I am saddened myself, because he is missing out on so many wonderful clients and customers, but that is his choice.

I do however want you all to think of the staff, who have openly said they do not share the same beliefs as Mr. Paul Barnes and to remember that when you call, email, tweet or Facebook, you are most likely getting one of his staff members who are now trapped in a terrible position of being faced with carrying out the wishes of their employer, while going against their own beliefs, and all the while realizing the very real prospect that some or possibly all of them may lose their jobs if business continues to suffer like it has done so since this news broke.



You have read this articleBit of a Rant; Brides news with the title I hate to break a promise, but today I had to. . You can bookmark this page URL http://thesearchingbride.blogspot.com/2013/10/i-hate-to-break-promise-but-today-i-had.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Comments "I hate to break a promise, but today I had to. "

Post a Comment