I definitely felt the love at the Sheraton Athlone Hotel!

I visit a lot of hotels & Brides venues in my line of work as a Brides Planner. So you can appreciate I've experienced many different ways that many different hotels & Brides venues present their properties and what they have to offer.

So what makes one stand out from the rest?

Attention to detail...

and I don't just mean on their presentation skills or property.

A few weeks ago I got an email from the lovely Pamela Dooley of the Sheraton Hotel, she was {and hopefully still is} a 'fan' on Facebook and asked if I knew the Sheraton Athlone Hotel and if I would like to come down for a visit and a look around... we set a date and few weeks later James and I made the short trip inland to Athlone.

The hotel is located in the centre of Athlone, an impressive building that you can't miss. A shopping mall is adjacent to the hotel and it struck me as to how genius this was... perfect to 'pop next door' for hair spray, replacement tights, gel heels or any of the other vital things you often forget when packing for a Brides.

Now, I should mentioned, at this point, I'd not have the pleasure of meeting Pamela before, but she recognized me as soon as I arrived into the lobby. {Perhaps those online photos are a good idea after all!} Herself and the hotel's General Manager { Johnny O' Sullivan } gave us the warmest of welcomes, and we really felt like they were delighted to have us there.

We started our tour of the very impressive hotel; arranged over 12 storeys, the Sheraton Athlone Hotel has the most amazing views taking in an almost 360 degrees with vistas over 5 counties from the Bridal Suite!







We went on to look at some of the function spaces and personally I fell in love with their roof top terrace... and I know the Irish weather isn't always kind, but what an amazing place to host your drinks reception, right?! 

Of course if the weather is a little more seasonal they have a gorgeous space with outlooks onto the roof top terrace that work just as well! They also have the loveliest waiters, a delicious selection of drink reception options and some pretty funky pod table covers { as I said, its the attention to detail I notice! } 

The ballroom itself, the Hoey Suite, is stunning! Decorated neutrally to suit any colour scheme and with five stunning chandeliers { featuring hundreds of strands of sparkling crystals } that can colour change to suit your mood or colour scheme; it is a hugely impressive ballroom to seat your guests in! { This is also where I got one of my first surprise of the day, Pamela had put up my 'about me fun facts' on each of the projector screens! I finally got to see myself up on a big screen... another successful tick on my bucket list, all because of the Sheraton Athlone Hotel :) }



Of course the food is amazing... it would be with their super talented and award winning Executive Chef who was also so unbelievably kind to put on extra gluten and wheat free lunch options for me during our visit... while this was such a touching thing for them to do { especially considering it was all part of their own research I hadn't mentioned my intolerance } I get the the feeling that this is just all part of the norm for the Sheraton Athlone Hotel; they go above and beyond for any of their guests and couples!

Now I can't wrap this post up without mentioning the Spa... {I want to move in} ... gorgeous, luxurious, tranquil {I want to move in}... just wow... beautiful treatment rooms, amazing list of treatments, wonderful happy staff.... an amazing pool with loads of fun jet streams and a lovely little private dining area overlooking the pool, perfect for a spa day before the big day with your Brides party!

I have to say, if its not obvious, I was just utterly impressed with everything and everyone at the Sheraton Athlone Hotel. Not only is it just a beautiful venue with wonderful people, it has 5 churches on its doorstep, the hotel itself is of course civil ceremony approved and if you fancy something a little different, there is a rather stylish museum just a stones throw from the venue that also host ceremonies too! Something to suit everyone!!

So if you are looking for a super stylist, super sleek, gorgeous venue, with amazing food and unbelievable people definitely go to the Sheraton Athlone Hotel { oh and bring me too!! }.



You have read this articleBrides Venues / Ceremonies / Receptions / Top Tips / top venue with the title I definitely felt the love at the Sheraton Athlone Hotel! . You can bookmark this page URL http://thesearchingbride.blogspot.com/2013/08/i-definitely-felt-love-at-sheraton.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Thursday, August 22, 2013

Comments "I definitely felt the love at the Sheraton Athlone Hotel! "

Post a Comment